Logopress3 is recognized as the easiest to use 3D die design software available, while still providing all the powerful features and functionality needed to produce the most complex die designs. As an added bonus, most of the 2D drawings are created automatically as you model the die.
Logopress3™ BLANK functions allow the user to quickly and easily do flat blank prediction on 3D complex parts. Native SolidWorks™ models as well as models from other cad systems can be used.
The Flattening function helps both at the quotation stage and in the die design process. It minimizes development time in the press.
There is no need to be a mechanical engineer with finite element analysis skills to handle the Logopress3™ BLANK module because it is very user friendly.
The Logopress3™ BLANK module is included inside the full die design package of course, but can also be independently purchased if you don't need to design strip layouts and complete dies.
Logopress3F is the package that includes both Logopress3™ BLANK capabilities and Logopress3™ Unbending capabilities (including multi-stages unbending management).
Key functions :
- Manage native and/or imported data
- Manage solids and surfaces
- Material thickness management
- Customizable material database
- Choice of the "stamping starting area"
- Choice of the "stamping direction"
- Allow defining pinched/locked areas
- Thinning and thickening information
- Stress and strain information
In only a few mouse clicks you can unfold your part and then model the intermediate stages that will allow defining the process that will become your strip layout. This can be done from a native SolidWorks™ model or from an imported model, without preparing it in any specific way.
These unfolding/unbending features can very easily be edited. This way, you can switch from a full unbending to a partial unbending. You can manage the spring back options, the bend allowance, etc.
Key functions :
- Automatic bend analysis
- Automatic calculation of K-Factor/bend allowance
- Customizable and flexible bend allowance management
- Full or partial unbending
- Spring back management
- Gusset management
- Flange management
- Shearing management
- Non constant thickness management
Strip Layout Functions
The strip layout module can be used for both progressive dies and transfer dies. It allows quick modeling of the true solid 3D strip in a very easy and logical way; technology that is the result of 20 years experience shared with passionate die designers.
The Logopress3™ strip module can be started from a blank and a folding/stamping process that was first defined using the Logopress3™ Unbending and Flattening tools or from dumb imported data provided by your customers or partners.
Any kind of parts, even those with non-constant thickness, are able to be managed. It also allows managing multiple parts in one strip, whether they are identical, mirrored or completely different parts in the same strip.
The Logopress3™ strip package is included inside the full die design package but can also be independently purchased if you don't need to design complete dies. In that case it also includes the flattening package and it's the perfect solution for your quotation needs.
- Multiple part management
- Nesting optimization
- Excel spreadsheet including useful data for quoting
- Drag and drop actions
- Insert/delete stations
- Material usage info
- Force info including cutting and bending tonnage
- Global center of force computation
- Local center of force computation
- Spring back management
- Associatively with the Unbending/Flattening process
- OpenGL preview
- Automatic creation of internal punches
- Powerful assistant tool to define punches in the skeleton
- Punch patterning
Round Draw Module
Logopress3™ strip layout module also includes great and specific features and capabilities dedicated to Round Draw Parts.
For those who have to manage these kinds of parts, this may mean saving several hours of work or even several days! Take a look at the pictures below. They speak more than a long explanation would, knowing that all of this is done in less than 5 minutes!
It's also important to highlight that as everything is parametric, any changes can be done very quickly. In addition to that, you will find it very interesting to note that this is not newly developed technology, but rather has been well proven for 18 years in the Logopress2 2D product.
- Automatic computation of each intermediate stage
- Material type of drawn part automatically determines what draw reductions are used
- Customizable computation database to include your experience and know how
- Automatic re-computation when changing a radius or a diameter
- Stripper pressure computation
- Automatic and customizable web management
- Graphical overlays of previous stations or subsequent stations
Tool Structure Assistant
Logopress3™ Die Design Software includes a powerful Tool Structure Assistant that allows you to quickly model the main die components. It is also very useful throughout the entire die design process when you need to insert additional plates or assemblies.
You can very easily and very quickly insert a plate or an assembly of plates and then adjust its dimensions. The plates can be named at this point and material type and heat treatment can also be specified at the time of insertion. It also acts as a Mate Manager so that you don't have to search the feature tree for mates.
Tool & Die Functions
Logopress3™ also includes powerful features to "Mount" (cut all openings in all plates) the cutting, bending and forming punches. Punch Mounting would be a huge amount of work without this dedicated feature since so many die components are involved which each need different clearances. Logopress3™ easily manages this with only a few mouse clicks and dialog box settings. After you define the first one, Logopress3™ stores your preferences in order to save even more time for the next mounting.
Punch Mounting :
- Cutting punches
- Automatic plate recognition
- Bending punches
- Coining management
- Forming punches
- Cut all openings in all plates
- Clearance management
- Relief type management (Tapered or Stepped relief)
- Store user defined preferences
A Die Design package would not be complete without a specific and powerful Hole Chart Feature. Just a few mouse clicks will save a lot of dimensioning time.
Obviously, Logopress3™ takes full advantage of SolidWorks™ ease of use and power and includes many other dedicated tools based on nearly 20 years of experience that will make today's modern die designers much more productive. In the end, you will be much more profitable.
Tool & Die Hole charts :
- Front side and back side holes in the same chart
- Automatic, complete and very detailed description of every hole in addition to the X and Y data for each tag and also the standard component going into that hole.
Standard Components Library
No Die design software is complete without an extremely comprehensive Standard Components Library. The only way to understand how powerful, user friendly, flexible, customizable, strong and complete the one Logopress3™ offers is to see it.
It manages both millimeter and inch components and includes literally dozens of vendors that you are also able to add to. It not only inserts the component you select but also cuts every hole in each plate and automatically manages all mates.
Dynamic Interference Detection and Animation
In addition to all of these tools & features designed to increase your productivity, Logopress3™ also includes an Intelligent Animation command, which provides far more than just an interesting but non-functional animation. It automatically does interference and collision detection throughout the die while showing the entire die operating as if it were in the press, including the strip lifting and advancing with each press stroke. This assures that mistakes are caught at the design stage and not at the much more expensive and time consuming build stage of the die.
Key functions :
- No time consuming setup required. Just press the icon and set your press stroke, stripper travel and strip lift
- Detects collision during strip advance through the die
- Highly visual and accurate representation of the die running in the press
- Finds clearance issues before the die goes in the press
Logopress3 United States Technical Center
Industry Experts Providing 3D Software, Training, and
Support to the Tool & Die and Metal Stamping Industries
Accurate Die Design, Inc.
12835 W Verona Dr
New Berlin, WI 53151
Tel: (262) 938-9316