Build Your Career in 3D
Are you an enthusiastic, customer-focused, technical professional that is looking for a position with excitement and variety, while becoming an expert in the best engineering software tools in the world? Due to our consistent success in engineering software sales, Graphics Systems is expanding our team of SolidWorks Application Engineers!
The SolidWorks Application Engineer (AE) promotes the growth of the SolidWorks 3D engineering software suite and services through their expertise in engineering and software. The AE partners with the business development team to serve as a liaison between the customer and the company on engineering matters regarding product applications, sales, installation, and services. The AE also provides technical services and support to clients by phone or in person relating to use, operation, and maintenance of products or services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Utilizes mechanical CAD experience to craft custom software demonstrations and CAD models for a diverse client base.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications, design modifications, and recommendations, pertinent to the customer's needs.
- Provides technical support in person and via telephone.
- Works with the customer and business development team to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Creates proposals and service contracts for products and services.
- Specializes in understanding the SolidWorks product suite and providing recommendations for the best solutions to meet customer needs.
- Provides technical training and consulting to customers.
- Coordinates and executes the installation and service of solutions for customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Understand engineering processes and terms.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
- One plus years of experience using 3D software.
- Prior technical support experience in a software related field.
- Experience delivering software presentations or training.
- FEA and PDM experience is a plus.
About Graphics Systems Corp.
Graphics Systems Corporation assists companies in implementing new engineering technologies to streamline product development and design better products. In business for over 20 years, Graphics Systems has assisted over 1,300 companies in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan to improve product design and engineering efficiency.
As the Midwest’s leading provider of SolidWorks 3D CAD software, our world-class team of dedicated professionals provide unparalleled sales, service, training, and support to our customers. Pioneering the way in engineering efficiency, Graphics Systems also offers solutions for Product Data Management (PDM), Design Simulation (FEA), Engineering Automation, Product Documentation, and Rapid Prototyping.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, WI with offices in Chicago, IL, Madison, WI, and Green Bay, WI, Graphics Systems Corporation is "Your Source for 3D Engineering Capabilities."
Graphics Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.